Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Minecraft Journal Entry #62 & 63

April 1, 2012
Praxis updated the GamingEdus server so we were able to play on version 1.2.4. Terra was recovering from her sleepover (since she didn't go to bed until 5:30 am!) so it was just Phisa and me again. Phisa ensured that all his dogs and cats were happy at his house on the mountain top; he even built chests outside so his cats had places to sit and relax. Phisa wanted to fight more "baddies" to up his level and I wanted to start on my Mount Rushmore project. We decided that finding cocoa beans was too hard and so instead of brown wool, I chose to use black wool. I made a pathway so I could walk along the sheer wall where I was to build. I finished Phisa's face and my face (avatars, of course) and I must say they look pretty good! I drew my matrix plans to calculate the number and colour types I'd need to finish Praxis, Terra, and MissC. It'll look awesome when it's done!

Mount Grim More so far


April 4, 2012

We had a great day on the TDSB server and a great, though trying, night on the Gaming Edus server!

Terra says her time consisted of getting lost in the jungle (boo!) but through her wandering found two more unexplored jungles (yeah!)

Phisa's menagerie of cats and dogs invaded the Rainbow Dye Factory and the feline guests were shredding the beds. We added more beds but by the time I returned, all but one of his cats had vanished from the room.

Bob Barker had a reason for reminding us to spay or neuter!


MissColby, Phisa and I texted lots of references to "the cat came back". Turns out his cats were having a swim in the lake near the factory. Phisa's dogs perished as he crossed the bridge to the jungle (boo!) but his payment for making me all that coloured wool was for me to find him more wolves (yeah!). Two of his sheep escaped but we herded them back inside the Lavender Sheep Farm.

I made several calculation errors on my Mount Gamer project and I had to redo a lot of stuff.
1) I placed the bridge I walk on while working too high up (the faces are 6 blocks high and the bridge hit block level 4) so I had to destroy and reconstruct the bridge.
2) I misread my MissColby face instructions and forgot to order 18 pink blocks for the flesh, so I couldn't finish.
3) I forgot to place one of the other red blocks for Praxis' eyes so I have to destroy a row to add it in.

Getting closer to completion


Oh well, trial and error is the name of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment